Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Musing about turning simple, small and unadorned. (long)

Arch:

It's a Siddhartha Thing.

You're born in a place and setting. As you "grow up" you may feel
impelled
to go see What's Over That Hill, to explore, to look for new places and
new
things and new experiences.

After a while you may find a place you like - and settle there - for
a while. But eventually, after you've got all the Been There, Done That
T-shirts, you find yourself returning to the place where you had the
best time doing the things you now know you enjoy most.

Often that is the place from which you began your journey of
exploration.

Perhaps only after you've experienced other possibilities, can you
fully appreciate the one that you get the most from - and give your
most to - and find contentment Just Being There.

Sounds like you've found That Place.

I hope, after all my running around, trying this and that, I'll find
That Place.

Don't see that happening any time soon, based on all the interesting
places I've heard about or found and haven't been to or explored - yet :
)

As usual, another of your Thought Provokers.