Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Musing about turning simple, small and unadorned. (long)

On Sat, 29 May 2010 10:39:39 -0400, Arch wrote:

The old axiom that the older we get, the smaller our toys (and
woodturning pursuits) become, certainly applies to me. How about thee?
Just be sure to know that altho I'm now in my late eighties, I can still
applaud with respect and admiration all the new and innovative
approaches to a turned wooden object and my return to 'small and simple'
is not to denigrate any one of the great new breed of Turners.

I guess I'm a late starter - I'm 73 and haven't made it past the small
and simple stage :-). Of course, I just started turning a few years ago.

And I don't find that my toys are any smaller, just that the days
(months, years) are shorter :-).