Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default Milwaukee worm drive question.

I recently inherited some tools from my big brother who had the temerity
to die last year. One is a Milwaukee worm drive circ saw (model 6370,
serial 368-6054). Unfortunately the gear case is broken where it
attaches to the shoe. I can order a new gear case from Milwaukee but
getting the old one off is problematic. I removed the switch handle but
pulling the electrics from the gear case is more difficult. Does anyone
have knowledge on how to do this? Milwaukee supplies a parts list and a
drawing but nothing further on servicing this tool. I would like to get
this thing running again. A new saw costs ~$150 US and the part is $50
but it did belong to big brother. I have sent an email to Milwaukee
with the same question but have not heard back. Anyway...
mahalo,
jo4hn