Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why is it........?

allen476 wrote:

That is why I usually use the self checkout. Fast and no waiting.....

Ya know - I was probably one of the most resistant people, to the notion of
self-checkout in the beginning. Principles and all of that. However, I'm
generally not much for standing on principle for too long, and I embraced
them pretty quickly - especially when seeing that no one was in those lines.
Now - I'm all about self-checkout. As you say - fast and no waiting.

So he was curious and asked why. I told him the wire is wrong, the
breaker is wrong, and what about connectors and staples. The breaker
was the only one they had that would fit a Cutler-Hammer panel. Told
him that you can't mix brands, that you need a Cutler-Hammer breaker.

Well, that part is wrong. He can mix brands just fine, as long as the
breaker will mount in the box. No requirement for a CH breaker, depending
on the box he's using.

I did help him because I couldn't in good conscience let him get that.
I spent an extra 5 minutes helping him but I feel that places like
Lowes should only have people to direct you to the items not tell you
how to do it. Hence why I say that they should have people on staff
that can live up to the advertising of "you can do we can help" but I
know they won't though.

I do most of my BORG shopping at HD simply because it's more convient, so
I'm not certain what the Lowes experience is like around here. That said -
the HDs around here have some pretty knowledgable staff - especially in
electrical and plumbing. Both departments have Master certification holders
in the department, and the rest of the staff has been at it for a while -
they know their stuff.

--

-Mike-