Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Whole House fans - where can I buy one?

On 29 May, 09:39, NT wrote:
harry wrote:
On 28 May, 16:42, "Pyriform" wrote:
I've decided these are a good idea, and I'd like to fit one. The trouble is
that the only suitable products I've found using google are from US
companies, designed for 110V. Does anyone know of a UK supplier for this
sort of thing?

[For anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about, a whole house fan is a
fairly powerful fan that vents hot air from the house into the attic space
(and thence outside), and draws cool air in through open windows etc. The
idea is that you run it when the house is too hot, and the outside
temperature is significantly cooler - typically to cool things down at night
after a very hot day.]

It's NEVER a good idea to vent air from the house into the roof space.
The roof space needs to be ventilated to the outside.
This is what you want.
http://www.vent-axia.com/product/hre...gy-saving.html

how would that cool a house?

NT- Hide quoted text -

If you want to cool your house, be sensible, get an air-to-air
reversible heat pump. Heats as well as cools.
http://www.cooleasy.co.uk/
Natural convection cooling is just ********. Or just open the window.
On hot days, your roof space will be the hottest place in the house.
On cold days it will be the coldest place in the house