Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
a real cheapskate a real cheapskate is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

On May 28, 1:28�pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote

Rod Speed wrote
wrote
keith wrote
Zee wrote
Eric wrote
What are currently your best saving tips you recommend and also
practice, relating to how you make your money go much further
than it used to, whether it's for food - weekly living expenses,
home and financial investment, etc.
Spend less than your income. Find alternatives. Live life moderately.
Make more than you spend. Live life.
learn the difference between needs and wants.
No thanks, if all I spent on was real needs, it would be a pathetic existence.
you NEED food to live!! But you may WANT to eat out at
fancy restaurants nightly, but you dont need to do that to live.
I prefer to eat better than the bare minimum that will keep me alive and healthy.
Its far easier to make your wants a little less than your income.
Depends on your income. Thats a lie with the lowest incomes.
Trying to make enough to buy all your wants just becomes impossible.
Nope, not for everyone.
the more you make the more you want,
That isnt true of everyone.
into a spiral of unlimited spending maxed out credit cards etc
How odd that none of mine are.

far too many americans had wants far larger than needs or income.

Their problem. That isnt my situation.

today they are the ones going bankrupt, maxed out cards, homes in
forecosure vehicles beig repoed/\\

Thats always been a small minority.

glad you are under control

Thats completely effortless, I dont even want what those fools want.

but far too many arent

Yes, but what you propose wont help them.- Hide quoted text -

a large percentage of americans are currently behind on their mortage.
like 15 percent i forget the exact number,

just look at our country.

few save anything, live paycheck to paycheck, have big credit card
bills and no plans to pay them off.

the debts normal everybody has debt mentailty can get people in
serious grief.

overspending can lead tyo divorce, most divorces are over money.

well the divorce effect far more than the 2 people who decide to
split.

think of the kids and all the colateral damage that overspending
causes.

even those with perfect credit are paying for those who go bankrupt