Posted to rec.woodworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Sealing edge of particle board

Puckdropper wrote:

FWIW, I bought a similar shelf several months ago. Upon attempting to
paint the "bare" wood, the paint didn't take like it would on bare
wood. There might be a finish of some sort on the shelves that take
care of your problem (or cause some later.)

Aye, I did notice that the top/bottom of the shelves were a lot smoother
than I expect from particle board. I think I'll Q-tip a dab of paint on the
end before I leave this morning and see what it looks like later.

Thanks,

Jon