Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Bandsaw Revisited

On 2010-05-25, Searcher7 wrote:

On May 24, 5:34*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 24, 3:26*pm, Searcher7 wrote:

Well, as I said, I'd need to see how all this is done, and I've found
no sites with visual aids.
Darren Harris

Here is a photo of a home-made bandsaw blade guide:http://www.forestryforum.com/images/...ew%20guide.JPG
The thread:http://www.forestryforum.com/board/i...c=5979.0%3Ball

* * * * [ ... ]

I'm assuming the only parts I really *need* to buy are the bearings
for the guides and a motor.(I assume it makes no real difference if I
use one of three bearings for the upper and the lower).

* * * * Actually -- just grab a couple of inline skates from a kid and
you have the bearings you need -- with a couple of spares. :-) No "buy"
needed.

* * * * Enjoy,
* * * * * * * * DoN.

--
*Email: * * | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
* * * * (too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html

Thanks.

I've been looking for good pics to study before I design the guide
holders.

BTW. It is difficult finding single phase motors on eBay.

The only "cheap" (3/4hp) motors I've come across are called Leeson's.

Does anyone have thoughts on picking up one of these motors for a
bandsaw?

And are Bi-metal saw blades still recommended if I'm only cutting 2x4s
and 3/4" plywood?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.