Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Steel bolt in aluminum: anti-seize or anti-ox?

bharbour wrote:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I am repairing an aluminum brake (i.e., a brake for bending aluminum
house flashing/cladding). It is made of aluminum castings and
extrusions, held together with steel bolts and screws. Every single
bolt/screw is corroded in place! Not so much rusted as bound-up by
corrosion of the aluminum it's in. AND ... all the screw are
Phillips head! &!@^&%^%$&*?!

If you are having trouble getting those Phillips head screws out, get
a hand impact driver. 20 years of working on motorcycles demonstrated
the value of these inexpensive tools to me. With a proper fitting
driver tip and a few whacks with a hammer, almost any screw will come
out.

You beat me to it. That is the tool for this job

Top picture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_driver