Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steel bolt in aluminum: anti-seize or anti-ox?

I am repairing an aluminum brake (i.e., a brake for bending aluminum
house flashing/cladding). It is made of aluminum castings and
extrusions, held together with steel bolts and screws. Every single
bolt/screw is corroded in place! Not so much rusted as bound-up by
corrosion of the aluminum it's in. AND ... all the screw are Phillips

Anyhow, I WILL get the screws out and when I put it back together I will
not use Phillips heads and I will coat them. So, the question is: do I
coat them with anti-seize, or with anti-oxidant? If anti-seize, does it
matter which form?

Thanks,
Bob