Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default MOAS - progress photos

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , David WE Roberts
writes
Don't forget the butyl sealant strip along the roof overlaps. The
simplest method I have found is to turn the sheet over on the
ground, apply the sealant strip to the lap, peel off the paper
protection and get help to lower the sheet vertically into
position. You don't get two goes so be exact!

snip

Now considering the potential pitfalls of standing on the metal roof
whilst installing the sheets.
Do you use a 'crawling board' to spread the load?
The gap between purlins is about 800mm.

I didn't but the composite sheets are very strong.

A pair of hands at either end should get them positioned. You can reach
across from inside to put in the fixing screws. Stitchers come
afterwards. I suppose a ladder laid along the sheets would be
reassuring.

regards

--
Tim Lamb