Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On 05/28/10 12:36 pm, Peter wrote:

Actually, not likely. The only vaccination that is effective against TB
is BCG, which is rarely used anymore and certainly not in the US.
Reason: It is not 100% effective, but permanently converts you into a
positive tuberculin reactor, forever destroying that test's ability to
detect early TB infections (when they have a much higher chance of being
successfully treated and put into a dormant state).

I am certain that I had a BCG vaccination a few decades ago in Australia
before a trip to India, but I do *not* test positive when I get my
regular TB tests for the hospice where I volunteer.

Perce

What you report is well known, but you are in the minority. Most people
receiving BCG become positive tuberculin reactors, at least for about the 1st 15
years. You said you got your BCG "a few decades ago". However, not all who
receive BCG become tuberculin reactors, but the majority do. I admit that the
US is outside the mainstream when it comes to using BCG.