Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Peter wrote:

I think not. If what you were saying were true, why would there be a
clause in the recently enacted health care reform legislation that
mandates that the health insurance companies spend at least 85% of
their income on payments to beneficiaries for health care delivery? The
facts can be stubborn! Many companies were spending more than
15% of the premiums they receive on profits, marketing, perks for the
top corporate execs, etc. Not exactly consistent with your claim
that their profit is "miniscule compared to the total premiums
collected."

Take note that about half of the health insurance companies in the U.S. are
"non-profits" (think Blue Cross/Blue Shield).

Nope. Most of the Blues have changed to for profit. All of the Blues
operating (for instance) under the WellPoint banner are for profit.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist