Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Cast Iron Gutter Jointing

On 28/05/10 18:06, george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

I don't think my issues are fundamentally hard - just seems so...

There are lots of easy answers,
but I've got to live with the solution I choose,
will it start dripping in a year?
will it be easy to disassemble in 5 years up a ladder.

Yeah. I'm interested in the in your result 'cos I have some ali
guttering that needs the same treatment (pulled off, repainted, refitted
so it isn't falling off unlike now). I'll probably be using whatever you
rate

yes
Everbuild Roof & Gutter Sealant Black 310ml
seems a good solution, it won't set hard....

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=160159
Everflex Roof and Gutter Sealant is a bitumen based mastic providing an
effective seal between all roofing materials. Cartridge applied.

It seems to be the one that shows up the most, suggesting its fairly
ubiquitous - and Everbuild aren't bad IME.

BENEFITS
- Incorporates polymer additives to improve adhesion
- Can be applied in wet conditions, even under heavy rain
- Semi-drying  remains permanently elastic beneath surface skin
- High solids formulation  excellent gap filling properties without
shrinkage
- Excellent external weathering properties

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.