Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Cast Iron Gutter Jointing

Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/05/10 17:25, Tim Watts wrote:

He

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=160159

I think even Wickes stock it or something like it...

And this might be another option:

http://www.heritage-supplies.com/ind...8ade5597d 81b

On an aside, anyone else noticed that other peoples' problems always
seem easy to solve compared to one's own?

A number of things here leave me thinking: "that's easy" (perhaps
because I've done it or seen it done before). And yet, I walk upstairs
to fix some more woodwork, start pondering on another job up there that,
to me, seems so fraught with difficulties and evils that I want to top
myself! (and I'm speaking of my insulation issues in particular, but
even doing the bog pipe boxing in seems hard right now!)

I don't think my issues are fundamentally hard - just seems so...

There are lots of easy answers,
but I've got to live with the solution I choose,
will it start dripping in a year?
will it be easy to disassemble in 5 years up a ladder.

yes
Everbuild Roof & Gutter Sealant Black 310ml
seems a good solution, it won't set hard....

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=160159
Everflex Roof and Gutter Sealant is a bitumen based mastic providing an
effective seal between all roofing materials. Cartridge applied.

BENEFITS
- Incorporates polymer additives to improve adhesion
- Can be applied in wet conditions, even under heavy rain
- Semi-drying  remains permanently elastic beneath surface skin
- High solids formulation  excellent gap filling properties without
shrinkage
- Excellent external weathering properties