Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Fascia venting (again)

Hi,

Anyone familiar with these:

http://www.roofinglines.co.uk/produc...cia-vent-strip

?

Recap - need to vent the dormer facias, there is no soffit, so has to go
in the fascias.

I presume these are designed to screw to the top of uPVC fascias?

I guess these things might be retro-fittable if I can get the uPVC
fascia off (ie is the roof felt stuck to it or not - only trying will
tell[1]), sticking one of these on top and refitting the fascia dropped
by about an inch. OK it will no longer line up with the edge fascias,
but I don't think anyone will notice at that height.

[1] If the felt (which was hot-tarred on) is, is it viable to release
the felt by application of a suitable gas torch?

The other option is hole-sawing or jisawing big holes in the front and
gluing a louvred gas vent+insect screen on - but I'm less confident
about the air flow and rain proofness of that idea...

And there was another option John R came up with last time round of
using flat ventilation 90 degree turns as rain proofing, but that, while
very convincing will be a bit fiddly too.

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.