Posted to uk.d-i-y
whisky-dave whisky-dave is offline

Default Gas swapping

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On May 26, 1:56 pm, "whisky-dave" wrote:
I've been told that supplying gas is very expensive which is why my gas
bill
is high but on asking around it's been suggested that I should ask to be
disconnected from my Gas supplier (npower, London) and use calor gas
bottles
which work out much cheaper I've been told under half the cost.

Who told you that, a Calor salesman?

No someone that has used calor gas and could believe why my
room cost £140 per quarter when his damp basement cost less than
£50 a year, but his basemtn was always cold, and my room was always 22C+
(when occupided).

I'm doing a leakage check, which I did last year and I worked it out as
1 cubic foot per month, which I didn't think was/is a problem.
I haven;t a good sense of smell so I'm taking photos of the meter
(when I remmeber, or about 2 a month).