Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

wrote:
On May 27, 11:37 am, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:
On 05/27/10 10:48 am, HeyBub wrote:

,,, There is no enterprise, health care,
education, etc., that cannot be done cheaper and better by private industry.
Take education, for example. No amount of money can improve it as long as it
remains primarily a government purview.

And in many European countries with universal heath care insurance
coverage is provided by private companies, but costs are controlled --
typically by capping the profits that can be made on basic coverage.

What total nonsense. Take a look at the profits of any of the health
insurance companies and the profit is miniscule compared to the total
premiums collected, benefits paid out, etc. In fact, it averages a
mere few percent of revenues across the insurance industry.

And if profit was the problem, the solution then is to INCREASE
competition, which is always a good thing. Yet, that is one thing
the Dems had absolutely no interest in doing. Obama ragged on how in
Alabama one insurance company controlled the majority of the market.
Yet, he was opposed to any solution that would encourage competition
across state lines, so insurance companies from anywhere could sell
policies in any state.

Healthcare dollars in the US finance many a ****ing contest: Workers
Comp. fighting cause determination, "managed care" fighting for less
expensive procedure, doctor's office staff with special skills to deal
with insurance companies, doc's doing special exams and filing special
reports to determine who pays, attorneys hawking to fight disability
claims, doc's going to court to defend "failure to cure" lawsuits,
employers sitting down with employees to 'splain why said employee's
medical bill wasn't paid at 100%.

When I started working in employee benefits - helping resolve insurance
claim issues, etc. - my employer had full coverage for full-time
employees. No cost to employee, $100 deductible, dependent coverage,
disability ins., fully-paid pension. Co-insurance limit was, I think,
$1,000/year. When the deductible increased to $150, employees howled
like mad. NEVER, EVER did an employee take issue with fees charged by
providers as long as insurance paid.

Same said employee is likely to sue a doc because their kid has birth
defects or because life ain't perfect or because nobody told them
smoking ain't healthy. I'm surprised nobody has sued Jack Daniels
because they got cirrhosis. Any medical specialty in US nowadays has to
earn $100K just to pay malpractice premiums. Thats a lot of cream on a
little jug of milk.

As with the mortgage crisis and the oil mess, we've gotten what we have
because we want what we want NOW. We've been talkin' about diminishing
oil resources for 40 years, the increasing difficulty of using them.
When the price goes up, all the "small government" lovers want Obama
to DO SOMETHING! With the Gulf of Mexico filling up with oil, all want
the small government to DO SOMETHING. A bunch of cry-babies are howling
because Obama ain't down there in his waders sloshing through the goo.
Some want the military in there cleaning up. They forgot the military
is tied up with two wars and a nasty dust-up brewing in Korea. "Clean
coal" is really popular now...guess a lot of Americans want their kids
to grow up to be coal miners.

George Bush got some points for giving seniors prescription poison
coverage under Medicare. Thanks, George, but my grand-kids will be
paying long after I'm gone.

The idiots who vote based on pro-life or prayer in public schools will
take our country apart...they are well on the way.

In
some cases the premiums are subsidized for those with low incomes.

The US system and the Canadian system are NOT the only two options.

Perce