Posted to rec.woodworking
woodstuff woodstuff is offline

Default alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
| Did the binary picture group go away?
|
| I don't seem to be able to get anything on it, and am not able to post
| to it.
| Did my newsservice stop providing it, or did it die?
|
| Thanks

I couldn't log onto this group or abpw until recently when I found out that
Charter Communications changed the address from "news.charter.net" to
"nntp.charter.net" and couldn't get in even then until I found that all
Charter customers within an ip range could get in without a password. I
found this through some blog I found on Google. If I entered any password
or login, it wouldn't let me in. So I haven't been able to see this group
for years with a newsreader, only thru Googles web pages. I called Charter
and they were of almost no help, and suggested that I contact Micro$soft for
tech help. They had no clue about what a news server is. I think some
other company subs that service for them, as I seem to remember.

Anyway, I can't say much about what has happened to the posts, but only that
there are very few in abpw. Maybe other isp companys did the same as
Charter... who knows.

I live outside of town, and Charter Cable is the only isp I can get, other
than slow dialup or high-dollar satellite. DSL may be here some day, but I
may be too old to see the computer by then.