Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gloat for people living near the Gulf

Coral lives on reefs and mounts and structures. Very little lives on
the bottom - but some shells do live in the muck and sand getting what
drops to the bottom.

Lived in the South Pacific and have a massive shell collection.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/27/2010 1:09 AM, mac davis wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:19:06 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

The "good" news is that among other things, they're using a dispersing agent to
break up the oil before too much is washed up on the beaches..
The bad news it that it's apparently sinking to the bottom and will kill the
coral..
There are companies that convert trash of all kinds - turkey/chickens...
into minerals and useful stuff. Small R&D companies finally thinking...

Why not set one up to slurp this stuff up and out - still out the good
and sort out the bad.

Kinda neat company idea. Take garbage and waste of all kinds and distill
out all sorts of stuff. Carbon black was only one element that came.

All of this junk grass we cut and dry on the fields - why not bail it and
soak up the crap - that would be easy to burn and stuff.

Just no idea men in the Government.
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH& Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker& member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/26/2010 6:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On May 26, 5:44 pm, wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Somebody's talking sense...:

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to
charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows.
The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to
take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for
doing the cleanup."
(Lt. Gen .Russell Honoré)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing