Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Power washer: Alto Compact C1050 Xtra problems

Lobster wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On May 28, 1:27 am, Broadback wrote:
Over 5 years ago I purchased the above power washer. The last year
or so it has been cutting out during use, I assume it is a
thermostatic cut out, I can find no reset and have to wait for
quite a while before it will restart. The cutting out has become
more and more frequent to finally be unusable. Any suggestions for
a cure?

I had a different brand that would cut out after 10 minutes or so.
I took it back and was told that it had been sold with the nozzle for
a smaller washer. The nozzle was replaced and the washer has been
fine ever since. Maybe there is something stuck in your nozzle

Same thing happened to my Kaercher machine a while back - as in, crap
in my nozzle. Gave the same symptoms described by the OP.

Second most common reason! Too small or a blocked nozzle will cause the
motor to work harder and therefore overheat. Third most common reason is
low oil in crankcase.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk