Mike Schoonmaker

Default Delta 14" bandsaw blade alignment madness

I have a Delta 14" bandsaw (with riser block) that I use for resawing.
I have not touched it in about a year , but recently bought some new
3/4" Timberwolf blades. Prior to putting the first one on, I checked
the wheels for coplanar alignment, all looked fine. I installed the
first blade, all looked good. I ran perhaps 1 hour total (5 mins at a
time) resawing some hard maple. Perfect.

However, I picked up a fresh board to resaw today, and as the wood
touched the blade, the blade ran "forward" (towards the wood) and
climbed up onto the side of the lower wheel (the lip of the wheel),
causing the blade to cut into the metal guide (ruining the blade, of
course).

I have removed the blade, checked for coplanar alignment, and
installed a fre$h blade. When I spin the wheel by hand in the REVERSE
direction, all appears to be well. However, when I spin the wheel in
the FORWARD direction, the blade seems to creep forward
on_the_lower_wheel_only until it has climbed up on the lower wheel's
aluminum lip.

I have no clue as to why this seems to be occurring in a single
direction of rotation, and why it would begin happening "all of a
sudden". There is no obvious changes to the saw, and I do de-tension
(a specific count of turns) each night.

Any thoughts? Help!

Mike