Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Mechanically polishing brass that's pitted?

On Thu, 27 May 2010 05:30:15 -0700, Owain wrote:

On 27 May, 11:29, Andy Dingley wrote:
All seconded, save the lacquer bit: always looks better polished and
wiped over regularly with oily rag. Â*Or you'll be repeating the whole
process again before long.

What's the practical likelihood of that happening on a door knocker?

Well, if you leave the oily rag in a tin next to the bin, you get into
the routine of doing the knockers weekly when putting the bin out.

Perhaps your household is better run than my own, but I'm afraid we
have such terrible trouble in finding parlourmaids these days there's
no likelihood they'll be able to polish the brassware and starch the
antimacassars before tea.

That's because the parlourmaid classes are too busy getting their tits
out for Page 3.

But who oils their knockers...?

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: