Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Wave "Dehumidifier" -- Has anyone here tried it?

On May 26, 7:30*pm, Ivan wrote:
I live in an area with a high water table, and my basement gets quite
humid; it recently flooded when the sump pump failed. *The basement
area is about 1300 to 1500 sq ft, and is divided into rooms, though
only two of those rooms (one of which is a store room that also houses
the sump) have doors. There is also a small room housing the gas
furnace and hot-water heater. I used to have a small, inadequate
dehumidifier (built into the partition between the main room and sump
room) that ran all the time and did little good. One satisified owner
in a similar locale has recommended the Wave Home Solutions
ventilation unit, which should certainly use less power than a large
dehumidifier, but I'd like other opinions. Anyone here have experience
with it? Any suggestions on what to look for in a regular dehumidifier?

All the Wave does is vent the basement, just put a fan in a basement
window and there is your expensive "wave". It wont do much, ive tried
my own homemade setup and it didnt help me. My Energy Star humidifier
uses about 4-5$ a month on a 600 sq ft basement and keeps my humididty
low, if its below around 68 in the basement when you plan on using it
get a low temp model, consumer reports has reviews online.