Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RIP martin gardner

You bet he was on top of things. I read his stuff anytime I could get some.
I was programming and running life on my home made 8080 machine in the 70's.

Just got a hexaflexagon program. Lots of mental work with him.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/26/2010 5:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 26, 6:01 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 11:14:14 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:
a real loss

Who?
Gunner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Gardner

His column was one of the better reasons to read Scientific American,
back when it was worth reading.

jsw