Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Odd clamping jig/workholder

"Martin H. Eastburn" fired this volley in
:

I want to put mine on my surface grinder.

A mill - the blade is to hard for milling.

Horse ****, Martin. Lawnmower blades are deliberately made on the soft-
temper side to prevent them from shattering upon hitting hard objects.

I don't get it: A whole bunch of "metal" guys telling me that a tool
designed to hit concrete at 270MPH without breaking is also too hard to
cut with ordinary milling bits...

sigh

Of all the crap (I _mean_ crap) I've gotten from this post, there have
only been two constructive posts; both from guys who seldom post, but who
obviously read before they do.

The rest of the "experts" have decided that 1) the manufacturers of mower
blades don't know what they're doing, and 2) tools don't exist to mill
medium temper carbon steel.

I guess it give me a perspective on the guys who respond vs. the guys who
actually do metalwork.

LLoyd