Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Bridgeport repair guy visited today (CNC Bridgeport)

I am very undecided on it, but if I get the old control to work, maybe
it is a better option than a retrofit, from all standpoints.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has some related experience. I do
not want to do something very stupid.

Tuff call. How long to you feed a dead horse? Its up to you.

One thing, moving is about the hardest thing on old controls. I've got an
antique CNC wire EDM. I paid to get the old girl running. The guy said to
never move it. Anyway, get the machine in its final place before installing.

karl