Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Odd clamping jig/workholder

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in
:

Anyway, I would make a fixture out of a
hardwood like Oak (for the damping) with metal clamps of some kind,
and use an ordinary HSS cutter.

The wood jig is a good idea for its vibration damping characteristics.
Total rigidity isn't a really big deal, since finish isn't terribly
important; just angle and balance. One thing they state as important as
that there be no "camber" in the angle. It needs to be flat. Apparently
(from other searches I've done) mower manufacturers work quite hard to
optimize their blade edges for angle and lift.

But the HSS isn't the recommended MOSN PVD inserts recommended for this
particular alloy. And I have them already...

LLoyd