Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Finding the center of a disk

On May 26, 3:22*pm, Wes wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:
You are a embedded control guy. *How darn retro do you want to be? *Break open that wallet
in a dim light so the Benjamins don't get blinded and get yourself a DRO.
If it was a lathe, that would be different for some strange reason IMHO.
Wes

I don't have one on my mill at home, and don't really miss it.

At work making new parts to drawings the DRO is an enormous help. At
home I more likely fit a repair part to an older one by cut and try,
and it's easier to incrementally determine how much more to remove.
The resettable dials work fine for this.

jsw