Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Odd clamping jig/workholder

fired this volley in
:

Sorry, that doesn't make good sense. A quick grind with an angle
grinder or a belt sander it a more appropriate fix. When I HAD grass,
I alternated between two blades, I bought the spare on sale for $5.00.
Now I just have flowers and river rock. I am planting a 8'x10' patch
of grass for the little doggy to ruin, I'll just weed-whack it.

Read my reply to the same above. The manufacturer recommends milling. I
mow 6 acres of Bahaia a week. That's a set to sharpen every week.

If that's the case then my suggestion to make a fixture specific to the
blade is all the more sensible. Keep it on a nail on the wall behind
the mill, and every week you can take it down and get the job done in
quickly and efficiently.

Only you probably want to use something more wear-resistant than lead or
zinc -- I was thinking you wanted this for a one-time deal; I hadn't
imagined that there were mower blades that demanded being milled instead
of ground free hand.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com