Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default MOAS - progress photos

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 26/05/2010 21:16, David WE Roberts wrote:
The roof is nearly done - i.e. at least half way through.
http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/z...20all%20Sheds/

Looking good!

The roof woodwork is certainly solid - I can jump up and down on it with
no visible deflection of any of the beams.
Perhaps a little over engineered?

What timber sizes did you go with in the end?

Now waiting for the wind to drop a little before putting up the metal
sheets - although rain is now forecast for tomorrow :-(

Sounds like fun! ;-)

Went with the 2" * 7" at 400mm spacing which IIRC you said was more than
adequate.
Because of the way the roof is fixed there are 2" *3" 'purlins' at right
angles to the joists and screwed to them.
The alternative was to run joists the length of the shed - about 7.6
metres - which is a long span and would require some kickass timber.
Engineering a slope would also have been more difficult.

Should I decide at a later date to re-enginer the roof I could have a
seriously big sun deck there :-)

Remebered overnight that I have to paint the wood to prevent the
preservative reacting with the roof sheeting.