Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

On Tue, 25 May 2010 21:32:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I think the safest approach is to avoid wireless as much as possible.
You know what I did, I made my home network from wireless to wired by
running Cat5e cable using a Gigabit Router. We still have 2.4 Ghz but
not for video streaming. But no 5 Ghz. I heard from others as well
regarding the havocs of 5 ghz band.

CAT5 or CAT6 wiring also works better. The best you can -typically-
do with wireless is:
http://wireless.navas.us/wiki/Wi-Fi#Performance_and_Speed
802.11b 6 Mbit/sec
802.11g 25 Mbits/sec
802.11a 25 Mbits/sec
802.11a/g turbo 55 Mbits/sec
802.11n 150 Mbits/sec (the best I've seen)

However, with gigabit ethernet and CAT5/6 cable, you can easily do
about 900 Mbits/sec. That's a big plus when moving huge video files
or streaming uncompressed HD video.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#