Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

On 5/24/2010 10:06 PM Jeff Liebermann spake thus:

Adding more topic drift, I had a customer that claimed that she could
"feel" the radiation coming from her new computah. I did a single
blind experiment to see if she could tell if it was turned on and
found that she really could. I had no clue, so I walked down the
road, injested an ice cream (favorite brain booster), and did some
thinking. I used an ultrasonic pipe leak detector to find that the
desktop power supply was belching considerable audible ultrasonic
noise. I tested every PC power supply I had in stock, found the least
disgusting, and replaced her power supply. She claimed she could
still "feel" it, but that it was much better. I eventually buried the
xformers and inductors in RTV, which solved the noise problem. She
was one of the rare adults that did not lose their childhood high
frequency hearing.

In my youngah days, I could sometimes hear the high-pitched whine of
television receivers (horizontal scan, right? ~15kHz?). Not any more.