Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Finding the center of a disk

Tim Wescott wrote:

If he has a DRO. If you have to allow for backlash it gets tricky...

True. I am DRO-less, and compensate for that by either pulling the
stage in on the back side as I turn the wheel, or by doing something
like measuring the diameter of the thing before hand.

You are a embedded control guy. How darn retro do you want to be? Break open that wallet
in a dim light so the Benjamins don't get blinded and get yourself a DRO.

If it was a lathe, that would be different for some strange reason IMHO.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller