Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On 5/26/2010 12:10 PM, harry wrote:
On May 26, 10:51�am, "Ed wrote:
wrote

How do you know it's not true as your gov. won't let you go and see
for yourself? �Cuban health care is free to everyone. Even you if you
could get there.
You are another of the brainwashed.

At any given time, there are hundreds of US citizens in Cuba. �Have a good
reason t go, fill out the forms, and you get permission. �There is a also a
difference between free and good.

So, you need permission? On what grounds might that permission be
rejected? Why should you need permission anyway?

It's true. It is illegal for the average U.S. private citizen to travel to Cuba
(e.g. for tourism) without explicit permission from the Department of State.
It's a legacy from the American foreign policy towards Cuba (part of the
blockade mentality) that was implemented in the early 1960s, after the failed
Bay of Pigs invasion. Isn't it great how often we in this country (U.S.A.)
complain officially (at the U.N. and Dept. of State) and unofficially about
other country's foreign policies being stuck in the past? Time for us to look
in the mirror and realize that we can be hypocritical too.