Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Something leaving small animal parts at my door!

On May 25, 5:54*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Val Gal wrote:
Five times in the past two weeks, "something" has left parts of small
animals at my front door. *The items range from liver, kidneys,
intestines, and once a small paw like a squirrel's, but very little/no
blood. *I dispose of the items and hose the area down (I removed the
front door mat after the first time). *I've also tried spraying the
area - one time with citrus air freshener and one time with lysol
spray (got a "present" the next morning). *My front door is sheltered
and a little secluded. *What might be doing this and how do I
discourage it?

I returned home from work and my Weimaraner was chewing on something.
It turned out to be a deer leg and I had a vision of a three legged deer
hobbling around in the woods. I suppose some hunter tossed it out some
where but I never did figure out where my dog got the darn thing. He
sure was proud of that leg, it kept him occupied for quite a while.

TDD

"I returned home from work and my Weimaraner was chewing on
something. It turned out to be a deer leg "

I was doing stuff in the front yard the other day and noticed my dog
chewing on something. I thought it was one of his Dingos or rawhide
bones, so I didn't bother myself with it. After he went inside I walk
past where he was playing and found out it was a chipmunk.

I suspect my cat had killed it and left behind the bushes and the dog
pulled it out. It was all slimy, but intact.

Yesterday, my wife was in the backyard with the dog and asked me to
please remove the dead rabbit so the dog would stop playing with it.

My cat has obviously been busy!