Tony Mo

Default HVLP Sprayer and Pancake Compressor

Hi Dick,
Let me start by saying I have never used an HVLP sprayer. But, from what I
have read I believe your compressor will be too small. HVLP spray guns
would require something like a minimum of 7scfm and about 25 gallon tank.
However, if you want to try spraying finishes, take a look at a "Critter."
Check the Lee Valley website for a picture and description. catalogue
#03K03.01. They sell for $54.50 Canadian.
I have one and use it with my 2hp, 4gallon compressor. You wouldn't want to
paint your garage or your car with it but it works great if you are only
spraying medium to smaller projects like boxes, cabinet doors, drawers etc.
It uses standard mason jars to hold the finish. This is great because when
you do multiple coats you can just seal up the jar and re-use it later.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Keep your stick on the ice.
Tony

"Dick Fitzwell" wrote in message
I am a finishing novice and am interested in spraying some finishes. I
started looking into an HVLP sprayer. Is my 2HP, 6 gallon PC pancake
compressor up to the job? If not, what recommendations do you have.

Thanks,
Dick Fitzwell