Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Why is it........?

In article , allen476 wrote:

Padlocks are not with the door locks,

No reason for them to be, either.

taping compound is not in the tape aisle

What, you mean with the masking tape? Of course not.

(here it is in the paint department

Exactly where I'd expect to find small quantities of it, for patching a wall
before painting it

unless you want 5 gallons of it then it is
next to the sheetrock),

Right where it should be, too.

hydraulic cement is not in the plumbing department,

No reason to expect it to be. Hydraulic cement is for repairing masonry, and
-- guess what -- it's in the masonry aisle.

and the winner from when they did their big rearrangement
(so you could find stuff easier) sandpaper is not in the sand and
cement aisle.

One of the two of us is an idiot. Either I just fell for an elaborate joke, or
you have some *very* strange ideas about where stuff ought to be in a hardware
store.