Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Gas swapping

"Toby" wrote in message

If you look at your bill, it should say how much you are being charged per
KW/h - what is this on your last bill?

Your bill will also detail if your readings are based on a gas meter that
measures in M3 or ft3 - check that the bill and the meter match - if your
meter was measuring in ft3 and you were being billed for M3 then you will
be getting overcharged by a lot...

Toby...

Just got this from the calor gas site...
What is the calorific value of LPG?
Butane = 7.8 kWH/Litre (of liquid)
Propane = 7.1 kWH/Litre (of liquid)

So, a 13Kg propane refill is 25.4 litres, and costs £23.49

So a 13Kg bottle contains 180.34 kWh

So cost per kWh is £0.13 from this type of bottle.

You will get it slightly cheaper if you use the larger 47KG bottles (I
expect).

In my area, nPower charge 7.815p per kWh for the first 4572kWh and then
2.507p per kWh for any additional use - so I can't see it being cheaper with
bottled gas, as their higher rate is far less, plus there is probbaly going
to be a £4.95 delivery charge for the bottles too...

Toby...