Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Gas swapping

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
news:htj5pa$p43$1@qmul...

I've been told that supplying gas is very expensive which is why my gas
bill is high but on asking around it's been suggested that I should ask to
be disconnected from my Gas supplier (npower, London) and use calor gas
bottles which work out much cheaper I've been told under half the cost.
This year I plan to measure my gas usage, I only use Gas for the frontroom
fire which is one of the standard baxi gas heaters with flame and coal
effect behind glass.

My last 1/4 ly bill for gas was about £140. nov-feb approx

So does this saving sound reasonable am I and other being charged so much
for delivery of gas and would there be anything I should consider
regarding
swapping over other than the usualy safety considerations.

If you look at your bill, it should say how much you are being charged per
KW/h - what is this on your last bill?

Your bill will also detail if your readings are based on a gas meter that
measures in M3 or ft3 - check that the bill and the meter match - if your
meter was measuring in ft3 and you were being billed for M3 then you will be
getting overcharged by a lot...

Toby...