Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas swapping

whisky-dave wrote:

I've been told that supplying gas is very expensive which is why my gas bill
is high but on asking around it's been suggested that I should ask to be
disconnected from my Gas supplier (npower, London) and use calor gas bottles
which work out much cheaper I've been told under half the cost.

People who are on calor gas moan that they can't get cheaper mains gas!

If you're still tempted, your appliances will need modifying (or
replacing if that's not possible) for LPG, also you'd need your plumbing
checked as suitable (e.g. LPG bottles and appliances can't be below
ground level and probably plenty of other differences from natural gas
I'm unaware of).