Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default black (dark wood) mulch

Jo Ann wrote:

-snip-

I'd like to shoot the guy who mulched all my beds with stone. It's a
huge PITA to plant anything new, weeding is a painful nightmare, and
you can never get the roots, so it's a constant nightmare, too. I've
been working for almost 5 years to get rid of the stones, which is
also turning out to be a big headache.

All the above x2. [and not bare-foot friendly, either]

*I* was 'the guy' who did my property with stone 25 years ago, so I
chose not to shoot 'him'. Looked good for a few years- then I
started cursing myself.

Now I use cedar. I can change colors if I care to; it takes a minimal
amount of time & money to refresh; it adds nutrients to the landscape;
it looks nice & even smells nice for a few weeks.

Jim