Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default is there such a thing?

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 May 2010 13:23:28 -0600, Jim wrote:

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:33:24 -0600, Jim wrote:

Hello... I am storing a few rechargable whipper snipper batteries in
my garden shed along with other assorted batteries. I want to time my
charger to give them a charge say 1 day every two months or maybe one
day a month. I know if I go out to the shed and just plug the battery
charger in I'll freaking forget about them and they'll charge for a
freaking week before I remember. (I'm 51 and my mind is toast...70"s
were real good to me lol)
Anyways...I googled "monthly timer" etc and found nothing that
would
help... is there a 110 volt timer that will do something like this?
If you run across this would you mind posting a link? Thanks folks..
Jim

So leaving the batteries hooked up to the charger will harm them? Do
you have some documentation saying this? This isn't the case for my
Hitachi drill or my Black and decker Weed Hog trimmer. Most NiMH/NiCAD
chargers are somewhat more smart than just a wall wart. If you haven't
read about charging these I suggest you do so. I'm in my mid 50's and
the 70's were REAL good to me also but evidently I didn't fry enough
brain cells to affect my short term memory.

I didn't say leaving batteries on a charger will harm them nor would
want to look for any documentation on that...I just don't want to leave
the charger on is the reason why I am asking ......Jim

I see. Are you trying to save a few watts of electricity, afraid the
chargers will catch fire, trying to extend the life of the charges, all
of the above or have some other logical reason that you want the charges
off immediately after use? You have a computer obviously. There are free
programs that can remind you of certain events that you could set up
to remind you to turn the chargers off. Can you have a neighbor remind
you? A relative? Friend? Hell gimme your phone number and I'll call you
and remind you.

Why in hell are you so curious as to WHY I want to do what I want to
do?... It was a simple question that obviously you have no answer to and
have contributed NOTHING!....so why not just shut the hell up?.. Are you
truly drunk when you drivel on like this? Jim