Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Making a door for my garden gate

"mo" wrote in message
.. .
I bought 2 large T hinges

Whats the best way to fit them?

Onto the post first or onto the door first?

I have left a bit of space on either side of the door to fit between the
posts.

From a purely gravitational point of view, you will find it much easier to
put the hinges on the gate while it is lying down comfortably, than when you
are trying to hold it up against a swinging hinge that you have fixed to a
gate post. On the other hand, once the hinge is on the gate, you can easy
stick your foot under the bottom to hold the hinges against the post while
you mark off the first couple of holes and get the top screw in.