Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default San Fransicko, Californica, pontificates with boycotts

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:01:17 -0500, flipper wrote:

[snip]

One problem I see is the State is not (explicitly anyway) authorized
to delegate powers beyond what's stated in SEC. 133.

That, btw, is what Arizona is trying to skirt by making it also a
'State crime' but, as I've already mentioned, I have problems with
that.

[snip]

(1) Repeating myself, I don't give a flying fluck that you "have
problems with that".

(2) _Read_ the law, it requires an unlawful act BEFORE interdiction.

(3) "Profiling" in traffic is impossible. Try it sometime.

(4) Presentation of a valid Driver's license (*) disallows questioning
about immigration status. (*) AZ uses hologram technology, and the
police carry a tool to verify that it's not forged.

(5) If ICE doesn't cooperate, we'll create another law, try 'em, then
hand 'em off to Arpaio for a year. They'll not come back.

(6) Illegal population is already down _significantly_ and the law
hasn't even gone into effect yet... they're fleeing north to avoid
Arizona's law. I personally know people that say their yard workers
have fled. (My yard guy is a smart middle-aged white guy with several
secretarial service and publication corporations... but likes to work
outdoors :-)

(7) Worst comes to worst, we'll bus 'em north. Will you "have
problems with that" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |