Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Ultrasonic bird repellers

On May 23, 11:58*am, notbob wrote:
On 2010-05-23, Worn Out Retread wrote:

No way! That tree provides shade for the entire front of the house. It would
cost me more for electricity if the tree was gone than it would be to buy
another tree or to clean up after the birds for that matter.

Another one of those people who wants nature to bend to their own
personal requirements. *Duh!! *It doesn't work like that. *Birds, the
tree, the sun, the soil, bird poop, nature, etc, all work in a perfect
symbiotic relationship that needs nothing from you. *The sun does not
quit shining and birds do not quit roosting, eating, and pooping
simply because you are inconvenienced.

Yes maybe the human element, in this case, is the intruder?

And if we didn't build artificial things called 'homes' in these hot
(or cold) climates and fill them up with things made from petroleum
(plastics) from underneath the earth's surface and then tried to
maintain temperatures of 70 dgrees F etc. etc. ........ Ecological
rant!

On other hand a 'reasonable balance with the natural and avoiding
human overpopulation etc. might lead to a more satisfying and
fulfilling life of and for all of the world's creatures?

In the overall picture some bird poop seems to be far down the scale!
In the same way we complain if some bird 'drops something from on high
on our shiny car', rather than make motor vehicles that withstand that
natural event.

We have had a moose population here for over 100 years; but with
people wanting to drive at over 60 mph. through forested areas, there
are now demands to 'Get rid of the moose' (or at least cull them
severely). Maybe the problem is too many humans moving too fast and
therefore not in balance with the natural state. Maybe we should cull
the humans?

Here endeth the ................... etc.