Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Ultrasonic bird repellers

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:05:28 -0400, Worn Out Retread wrote:

Some neighbours of ours tried them but the effect wasn't long lasting.
The many orchards in the area use cannons that give a boom at irregular
times but that isn't practical in an urban setting for obvious reasons.

There are many cats in the area but they have proven to be next to
useless in bird control as they must be well fed and therefore not
interested in birds.

Has anyone suggested a plastic Owl? I've seen them used around here. In
my youth we used to scare pigeons and doves out of the barn with a
stuffed Owl perched on a wooden stand. When you walked into the barn with
that thing the birds couldn't fly out fast enough.

I've seen them....with birds sitting on top of them.