Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PING Don Foreman

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:10:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote the following:

On May 24, 8:34 am, Don Foreman wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 07:15:41 -0400, John Husvar

wrote:
In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:
against, I just haven't gotten around to making a shielding garment --
as perhaps a vest with Litz wire sewn into it.

How about a fencing scoring lame' (Metalized vest for foil/jacket for
saber) and ground it? Wear it under your leathers.

Just a thought

Excellent lead!

Fencing scoring lame is quite expensive, but investigating that lead
me tohttp://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html
where I found quite a few possibilities at very reasonable cost.

Thanks!

Wow! What a fascinating web site! I had no idea such material was
possible.

Now we can make _comfortable_ tinfoil hats that aliens waves can't
penetrate!

That was last millenium's model. The new ones are underground, and
aimed straight up.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.