Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default stuck in park - Folow up

"Royston Vasey" wrote in message
. au...

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I just got back.

We got it out of park ONCE. Did this by jacking on the drive shaft with a
pipe wrench and wiggling on the shift lever at the same time.

Moved the van to level ground and locked it up again. Its a Ford
Econoline. I just told the kid about the electric possible problem He'll
check it out.

We got the seven cyclinder deisel there and a load of stuff, got the
water running (off all winter) Got the AC running, stove is broke, but he
knew that. The place hasn't been mowed this year, he's got a new lawn
mower to test tonight. First night in the new place. He needs the van big
time to complete the move.

karl

Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this possibility.....

My dad's ford focus got stranded and would not mover out of park. Turned
out faulty trailer wiring had blown a brake light supply fuse - solenoid
in the g/box then prevented the gear shift from moving - supposedly a
safety feature......

Too long ago for me to remember but I dont think the fix wasnt a simple as
replacing the blown bulb / fuse. This may not apply to your problem but if
you are clutching at straws it could be a possiblility.

The fuse was the problem. We never would have thought of this without the
kind folks on RCM. He's got ACE moving company (all his friends) in high
gear today.

Karl