Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gerard Bok Gerard Bok is offline

Default 5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

On Tue, 25 May 2010 03:12:18 GMT, Paul G.
wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2010 21:24:50 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:55:06 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

(...)
http://www.progneer.com/wp/informati...arch_fd0=72216

I have a WRT600N at home which I used for testing. Nice router. I
only have one laptop that uses 802.11a so I can't claim much exposure.

If you are that certain of the effects, have someone turn the
offending unit on or off so that YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT STATE IT IS IN
DURING THE TEST. Do a reasonable number of tests (20) and see if you
sense better than 50/50. Your tester should also not know what state

If you can correlate your experience with the unit being on, then
you have something to go on, and it will silence the naysayers. Then
it will be an interesting case.

Actually, that has been done. By TNO in the Netherlands.
The results have been confirmed by a study in Switserland.
In short: Some people are capable of knowing whether a
transmitter is on or off.

TNO: Effects of global communication system radio-frequency
fields on well being and cognitive functions of human subjects
with and without subjective complaints.
TNO-report FEL-03-C148, 2003.

Swiss: Regel SJ, Negovetic S, R??sli M, Berdi?as V, Schuderer J,
Huss A, Lott U, Kuster N, and Achermann P. 2006. UMTS Base
Station-Like Exposure, Well Being and Cognitive Performance
Environ Health Perspect: doi:10.1289/ehp.8934. [Online 6 June
2006]

On the dim side: this is 'beyond repair' ;-)

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Gerard Bok